View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:55 PM

Thanks, GPS Frontier. I had thought of several of the points you brought up about height restrictions and the production quantities of certain items like raspberries and tomatoes. I think the question I have now is, what is the best bang for buck? We do a lot of juicing with a high quality juicer. We actually live on green juice and fruit juice alone fairly often. Eating rice/beans/avocado bowls in times of hunger. Common juicing items are kale, spinach, basil, cucumber, celery, wheatgrass, beets, etc. Some of which are not good hydroponic plants I can assume. We also sprout and eat a lot of sprouts.

After posting this I talked with my wife and actually decided berries and tomatoes were a good idea. We thought maybe sprouts, wheatgrass, kale, basil, collard greens, basil, cilantro, lemon balm (and a host of other herbs that we tincture) are probably a better bet.

So, WHAT WOULD YOU GROW!? LOL. We live in Nevada and have a decent yard. We will most likely do some tomatoes and what nots outside. We also have a lot of grass and can't rip it up, rental.

My only problem with a full medicinal herb garden is the different soil requirements for most of them and I am sure that translates into different hydroponic requirements. Also interested in some sources for different hydroponic requirements for different plants. It seems cannibas is the only well documented plant I can find.