View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the pointers. As we keep researching and get feedback, we are modifying our layout goals (well, our initial goals rather, once concept meets application things tend to change on the fly).

What we have done is move the 5 gallon buckets to the ground and spaced them out, and thinned the number out by almost half.

We have then researched all the various types of the same vegetables we want, example being 4 variants of eggplants, etc. What we are attempting to do is to find the optimum variant for our location and couple that with its grow height, width, and reach. Essentially, which eggplant (as an example) yields the best return with the lower footprint without "taking over".

We have also moved the 5 gallon bucket type plants towards the bottom with a moderately decent amount of space to grow upward based upon the variant of each desired vegetable type.

I am just one of those "Plan Plan Plan" type of people that likes to map out based on all the information I can gather so that I can "Buy Once, Cry Once" and make as little of a fiducial mistake as possible (although I know things do not always work out as intended).

Do I even need a 5 gallon bucket, or do they make 2 gallon or 3 gallon buckets with the netpot lids that might be even more co-efficient?

Here is the revised layout:
Attached Images