View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 08:27 PM

GPSFrontier,

Thanks for the reply. At this point what I'm doing is trying to plan ahead to avoid more failure. Here are a couple pictures of what I have. It's Hydrofarm's Mega Garden which is an ebb and flow system. As you can see nothing is going on with it yet. I have some thin foam which will cover unused pots and a portion of the flood tray where the nutrients would otherwise be exposed to light during the flood cycle.

Almost a week ago, with the help of my eight-year-old daughter, we (over) seeded some peat pellets with a variety of leaf lettuce. At the time I didn't have any rockwool and I don't think the seeds were planted deep enough. I'm wondering if I could thin this mess out and transplant some of it into rockwool without damaging the roots and starting the hydroponics. I'm thinking tomorrow of starting over germinating in rockwool with only one or two seeds per cube. Or, I may try planting one of these peat pellets with only one sprout and experiment with depth in the hydroton.

In one picture you can see the holes in the white pots where the water line will be which looks to be approximately halfway up the pot.
Attached Images