View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Since your last few sentences make no sense to me perhaps it would do me good to learn the hard way. Thank you though, I will bear this advice in mind.
Well, busing the flowers every couple of days refers to hand pollinating. That is usually done with a tiny soft paint brush, like the kind your kids use with their water coloring sets. You would lightly brush each flower one by one as they open, to simulate a bees travels from one flower to another, taking the pollen with it.

There are commercial vibrators for plants. This vibrator is usually attached to the base of the plant, and this vibration shakes the pollen loose from the flowers. The pollen is then taken by the air currents to the other flowers to pollinate them. A personal or hand operated vibrator strapped to the plant may work in place of the commercial plant vibrators. This method may be harder to control because you don't really have control of the air currents, but in an enclosed room the pollen does not have too many places to go. If you are growing outside you probably wont have need too do either, because mother nature will take care of it for you.