View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 07:08 PM

Default The “big move” – aeroponic to Dutch buckets

Stan, moved 4 of the plants from the cloner into the Dutch bucket system today. Turned out to be a bigger project then I envisioned. Just balancing the PH in the 14 gal reservoir was a challenge. Based on return line flow, pump’s pushing ~ 42 gph, so after each PH down I added, I had to wait about 20 minutes to account for water in the buckets before re-testing. Finally got the PH to 5.9, and I’m running nutrients at ¼ strength. Anyway, the flow works out to ~10 gph per bucket, each has dual feeds. On the timer, I’ve set it for 15min off / 5 min on - too much? Daytime temps have been in the middle to upper 70’s, night time upper 40’s low 50’s, but garage rarely gets below 60 and I have an aquarium heater and aerator running 24/7. You can see in the pics the setup is in the garage at the door (facing south). I’ve read during this transition they don’t want a lot of sun/light – if you feel differently, please advise. I know there will be some type of reaction to the move, but not sure what to expect. Lastly, purchased and applied the neem, and will re-apply in a week. Let me know if you have any other suggestions or tips – in the meantime “fingers crossed”.
Attached Images