View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 PM

Well I have been very busy with other things lately. But I have been meaning to post an update on this system. I have harvested 2 more batches of radishes since I originally posted this thread. The picture of the radishes with the tape measure in it was my latest harvest that I pulled 2 days ago. The other batch was from a week or so before that. The four green onions I just pulled today, the other one was pulled about a week and half ago, and I pulled two (that I didn't take pics of) a few days later.

I'm particularly surprised at the nice healthy looking roots with the little care I give these plants. I haven't been checking pH (I cant afford the resources to adjust it anyway right now). I have only changed the nutrients once, and still don't run them at more than 50% strength. Also because I don't have another in ground reservoir, the reservoir for this system is just below where it's in direct sunlight for most of the day, and I know the nutrient solution is way too warm. But it's for this reason that I don't really care for these plants much. It's just getting hotter, and I won't be able to control nutrient temp in this system, so I'm just letting it go until I see signs that it is just too far gone before I pull the plug on it.
Attached Images