View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 01:51 PM

Not sure if Advanced has a feed schedule online or not. Personally, I stay away from that company. Can't go wrong with General Hydroponics. There are others out there that are great, too.

You won't get things "just right" when using commercial nutes unless they are made specifically for a certain type of plant. That doesn't mean you will harm your plants. You just might be wasting more of one nutrient or other than you would with special formulas of your own. One of the prices of convenience.

I've noticed that tomatoes do well with a "general purpose" mix throughout. I'm now using Floramato on tomatoes, but when I used GH's liquid 3 part nutes I used the general purpose instructions. Peppers do better with a bloom ratio. I don't know much about strawberries, but I am guessing they would do best with a bloom ratio.

Are you using an EC Meter? I recommend one. You can follow instructions on the bottles, but often they give much higher concentrations than are necessary. See, tomatoes generally do well with a much higher concentration than peppers. It won't tell you what nutes you have, but it will give you an idea of how strong it is when you mix it.