View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 AM

I know I've posted these drawings a few times, but don't remember in what threads. So I'll post them all for you here (though their not in any particular order). When I come up with a concept, I like to use Google sketchup to make 3D drawings to work out details, as well as use later for my website/share with others. My vertical tube designs are planed as an aeroponic/soakaponics system, and use baskets to hold the plants and growing medium. The roots then hang down inside the tube (thus aeroponic). I worked the water delivery system out a couple different ways. One just uses sprayer heads at the top and lets it rain down through all the roots to the bottom. The other uses a center PVC tube with misters in it for a more direct spray. But I like the top spray the best for ease. Either way I would have the mister tubes easily swappable, and have extras to replace them with if they got clogged. That way it would only take me a couple minutes to change them all, then take my time cleaning each of the mister heads. Then it would be ready to swap the whole thing out the next time.

I also worked them out as either a single tube design, with either a separate reservoir, or with the reservoir at the bottom. As well as a multiple tube system using a central reservoir. Of coarse the basket size, as well as the tube size would be up to the grower, and I would base that on the size of plants planed to be grown. The drawings aren't perfect, it was just to hard to draw. But the side tubes are shown to be straight and go all the way through. That wouldn't be the case, the side tubes would be glued to the side with marine goop. The baskets would slide down into the side tubes, and go down parshley inside the vertical tube for the growing media to get moisture. My designs are a bit more labor incentive in constructing than the one you built. But in the long run will use a ton less growing media, and that can add up, especially if using many vertical tubes (and 12 inch tubes) like I plan.

P.S.
I have drawings of a system I plan to build for growing strawberry's if your interested in those drawings as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 03-27-2012 at 03:34 AM.