Thread: My First system
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 02:19 AM

I think the common link if not the water is that I used the same applejuice bottle to put liquids in both. I did wash it out, but did not sterilize it or anything to that nature. I was rather lazy ith it and learned a lesson for it lol.

I think that is the source of the issue. If the seedlings are able to fight off the attack with some H2O2 I will let them continue on as normal. Should they seem to be taken over I will have to toss them and start from scratch on them as well.

I did have nutrients in my res in an attempt to learn how it all balances out with the PH and all. I am trying to get it figured out a bit, before it is time to put plants in, and pottentially too late to want to make stupid mistakes.

I am now using vinegar bottles (1 gallon) to move the water around. I am rinsing them with a light bleach solution before using them now and rinsing well. I figured the vinegar bottles would be less prone to residual sugars and therefor less prone to collecting organisms than an apple juice bottle.