View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigQBoris View Post
Thanks for compliment. This is my first one. The system I saw that you posted it pretty nice. Very top notch. I think I may design my next one in that manner.

I think I will light proof it. I just wanted to water test it to make sure I didnt have any leaks. What kind of paint did you use? Just normal spray paint for plastics?

I actually did glue everything together. But I can untwist the bottles from their caps so I should be able to cleanup them out ok when the time comes.
Thanks, these are my first hydroponic systems also. I have had a few problems with the O rings leaking for the overflow on the strawberry's, but I changed the way they drain by using through holes instead of O rings. I also made it more adjustable by having it come up from the bottom instead of the side. I haven't taken any new pictures yet but plan to soon. I will point out the changes to explain them better. As my 8th grade science teacher always said "you learn by doing". She was big on teaching that way and it has always stuck with me.

I read somewhere that the black spray automotive undercoating was good to use because it dries flexible, but it's much more expensive and doesn't cover as much (as I found out the hard way). It also comes off easy. I would probably just use the regular black spray paint that says that it is good for plastic like you said. Then use the white to reflect the light.