View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 05:58 PM

sylvestris
Digital timers usually allow you to set short intervals like 1 minute and up. But you need to be sure it will have enough settings to last all day at what ever schedule you decide on. I bought one that said it had 140 settings, but I have only been able to manage to get 14 settings a day (7 on/off cycles). But I can have 7 different cycles every day of the week, that doesn't really help when you just want the same cycles every day. You can look up "cycle timers" they are digital timers that let you set a particular cycle you want, and run it all day. Like 1 minute on, and 5 minutes off, and run it all day at that cycle during a set on and of time (like 5am to 9pm). Some cycle timers also let you set it for even shorter minimum on times, some as short as 1 second on. But the more capable the timer the more expensive it usually is, and I have not found any at regular stores around town. I would need to order a cycle timer online.

The roots should not be sticky. If they are, something's wrong with the plants, or in the nutrient solution.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 01-13-2011 at 06:12 PM.