View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 02:05 AM

When you are going to buy nutrients, You will want to look at the N-P-K of the nutrients.

The N-P-K is the three numbers on the front of the bottle. If you are unsure of anything, the local hydroponics retailer can certainly help you find what you need.

Since you are doing vegetative growth, you will want to get nutrients with a high N number. If you are unsure of what strength, you shouldn't really have to worry about it. Once you pick your nutrients, you can post here what you got and someone will be able to tell you roughly how much to dilute it.

Since you are growing consumable plants, I highly recommended sticking to OMRI Certified Organics. I would stay away from powerful chemical fertilizers. The extra yield is not worth the chemical ingestion in my opinion.

Liquid fertilizers may be a little more expensive, but not by much. The convenience is worth the extra couple bucks. They also do not stink as bad as most organic dry nutrients.

Try to find a grow/Veg fertilizer that has the micro-nutrients built in if you are looking for simplicity while you're at it.