View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 04:49 PM

cool another person who wants to grow indoors. you are correct on couple of things. I got 8000K bulbs from menards for less then dollar difference from 6500K. I actually have measure the foot candles and have 980ft candles on the pipes. I mixed my tomatoes and peppers together and hopefully this weekend I get them separated.

I have not even started mixing the light colors and have some peppers growing but no tomatoes. I have designed a light rack for putting the lights vertically and facing one another I will actually have to buy a better quality meter as it maxes my out. but you assume tomatoes will only be 4" high my are taller and i am starting to trim the tops as well as the roots.

now my physical light costs are starting to get expensive so I am back at what GPS says you need to use HID I am trying to save costs as HID are spendy to burn and they increase cooling costs and should lower heating costs.

The real question is can I recover the costs in vegetable production. I will not be able to tell you that until spring. I am hoping to start building our green house(s) this fall yet.

I am just getting out of bed as my shifts have been change to compensate for an injury at work so this is off the top of my head. GPS has been correct more then once on here so he is good resource. nice to meet you jamromhem.