Thread: RAW Nutrients
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 09:25 PM

Hello chopficaro,
I never heard him say anything about molasses as an ingredient in any product they make. So I have no Idea what the product is, and/or how it's intended to be used. You may find that particular product is intended for plants in the flowering stage growth when nitrogen needs are low. Thus why I suggested you contact them directly.

I also heard him talking about an experiment he did using molasses sugars using up the nitrogen, but I don't know anything about the parameters of the experiment. I don't know what type of refinement it went through before it was used. I don't know quantities of water, nutrients, microbes etc.. I don't know what if any microorganisms were inoculated into the system, I don't know what other products were used. I don't know if there was any kind of a bio-filter. I don't know if this was a organic or synthetic test. I don't know if the product that contains the molasses was the only product used, or if it was even used at all. Or even if the molasses was added as an additive to other products. etc. etc.. There simply isn't anything in the video that is useful in diagnosing a conclusion. And again why I suggest contacting them directly.

I have been down this road myself many times, and know full well that any manufacture or retailer is going to be bias. But I also know if you want to know something specific about a product, start by asking the people who made them. Sometimes you even get a reply from someone in the company that isn't that knowledgeable about the products, but if you persist you usually get referred to someone who is knowledgeable.

Here are a few tips I've learned on acquiring info from manufactures and retailers. First and foremost be nice, nobody is going to want to help a mean person. Second don't be accusatory, or sound like your calling them a lair. If you see a contradiction in information they provide, play stupid. Ask your questions in such a way it sounds like your just naive or ignorant on the subject. Their always happy to help a potential new customer understand. And if you keep asking questions the person can't answer, they usually transfer you to someone more knowledgeable where you can get more specific answers. If it's an e-mail, they forward it to the knowledgeable person. Lastly, ALWAYS act like a customer that is interested in buying their products. Their not going to waste their time on you if they don't think their going to get something out of it (money from a customer).

Once you get answers to your questions from the manufacture, if you have any question's about how creditable it is, or if it's just bias. You can cross check the validity of the specific information given through other creditable sources. Not that it will always be easy to find those creditable sources, but once you know what specifically your looking to check, it's a lot easier than starting with general information. Because if you only have general information, you don't really even know what your looking for, where to start, or how to go about finding it. But if you know what your looking for, you can narrow it down.

While I don't know anything Specific about the RAW nutrients line and their products containing molasses. I can tell you molasses products are usually an additive intended to increase sugars in fruits during the flowering/fruiting stage. It's also sometimes used in compost teas to help feed microorganisms, and boost their numbers. Just like in compost teas, molasses products are sometimes used along with beneficial microbes both in organic systems as well as typical hydroponic systems to help beneficial microbes feed and multiply. But not just any molasses works well. Theirs a difference between molasses/sugar products designed for hydroponics, and the kind you use in cooking or baking. And the molasses product used to boost beneficial microbes are not meant to sustain the population of beneficial microbes (except perhaps in compost teas before it's used), but just artificially increase their numbers in the beginning. Once the beneficial microbe population has grown, and the molasses/sugar is used up, they continue to feed on the pathogenic microbes and multiply in bio-filters.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 12-14-2015 at 11:12 PM.