View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 PM

I have 3 levels of hydroponic systems. Each level has it's own 275 gallon reservoir (filled to about 250 gallons) buried 4 feet deep in the ground to keep them cool during the summer. Each level has 7 different grow beds. The water level in the grow beds will be adjustable, but at a height of about 3 inches (where I plan to keep it) it will take more than half the water in the reservoir to flood the 7 grow beds. Depending on the phase the plants in that level are in, each level will have anywhere from 500+ to 2,000 plants growing in it at any given time. That comes out to about 1/2 gallon of water per plant for the levels with 500+ plants, and about 1/8 gallon per plant for the level growing 2,000 plants. I plan to be able to sell 1,000 plants a week, and have a continual supply of plants to sell all year long. That's the goal (1,000 plants a week) anyway.

P.S.
I don't really want more than half the reservoir emptied during flooding because the more water that stays underground, the more stable and cool the water will stay throughout our summer heat.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 04-12-2012 at 11:24 PM.