View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 AM

NorEastFla
To be honest I am weary of any source (website) that's selling products for reliable information. Any study can easily be manipulated to their own needs for results. Considering the source and just how reliable it is, is an important factor to me. So I simply just don't like to rely on product orientated sites, at least without researching/comparing their information first (from a reliable source).

When I search for something, I have two simple tricks I use. Putting quotation marks ("quotation marks") around the keywords narrows the search results dramatically. The next one is when I have gotten the results list, I further narrow the list by going to the search engines "search options," and narrowing the results to ".edu" (educational) websites. They are the most reliable and objective sources for good information, and you don't need to worry about considering the motives of the source information.

P.S. I'm not saying that any of that information is wrong or incorrect, just that I wouldn't just trust it without comparing it to a source that I know I can trust, and I do have some defiant questions/concerns about reliability from that source. That being said, as long as I'm looking up a reliable source to compare it to anyway, I usually just start there in the first place. No offense, that's just my opinion (I still appreciate the link and info) the more the merrier. But thought I would pass along my searching tricks for anyone that it may help.

P.S. 2 Just in case anyone was wondering what I meant by a RO system that can deliver 700 gallons per day, here is a link to what I'm talking about:

GE Merlin Tankless Reverse Osmosis (they are not the only ones that sell it but prices vary)