View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 10:11 AM

I understood where you were getting at on the wattage. I went with the 4' flourescent tubes, but only 4 total. This year i'm only going to go with 10 plants and just have my run with the other 5 bypassed. I think i'll have a hard enough time not killing the 10 I have .

The only issue I have with the hid/hps lights is the heat put out by them compared to led/fluorescent.

I think my light situation will be resolved once the bulbs come in tomorrow. My original statement of 94-100 lux at each plant was wrong as well. I was using a Vernier Light Probe and had never used it before, and was holding it wrong.

The plants, well most of them, seemed to be doing great with the LED's as they were, at least at this stage of life. So hopefully with the new lights they'll do even better.

What i'm battling now is I appear to be losing a couple plants. One of them had a couple offshoots with leaves yesterday, and today one had died. I clipped it off. Another one just doesn't seem to be taking in nutrients. I see no new root growth on it and it's limped over and dying as well.

This is the one that I don't see new root growth on and is not perking up, picture taken last night.

This one just lost one of it's branches

Overall the plants seem to be growing though, here is a comparison from Day 1 to Day 3.

Day 3