View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 AM

You are taking things too personally again, you are not very objective as usual and projecting too much on me here, suggesting pages of what I haven't ever said nor meant even remotely. That's why you can't make a difference between what is in fact well-meant and what may not...

When I make appeal to an expert opinion I am talking in general of course. Furthermore I'm just appealing to common sense, I guess... unfortunately there seems no-one around that shares it - and it's just "you and me" as usual. The actual poster most probably got already sick of the debate. No invitation for some lurking partisans to get cute or start courting with me again, though...

Well let's grab the baldie by the hair then, as you take things personally and can't be objective either anyway, no matter how I put them: Do you really recommend people growing tomato with 122-128 ° Fahrenheit, and implicitly tell them they need to dig out holes that are big enough to accommodate a sniper and his assistant with their weekly ration, plus half of a green house structure around, and the whole enchilada of insulation and all the other stuff that goes with one of your desert setups, - to just grow 4 tomato plants?

Goodness, the expenditure doesn't justify the outcome, no matter how. Not for amateur purposes and not for any facility expansion. And that's exactly (not more and not less) what I am talking about. And one doesn't need to have a PhD in neuro-surgery nor being any expert in any field, to question the expenditure -not even talking about the rentability.

It's all so obvious and yet you apparently can't see any of your views and ideas being actually very uncommon and in fact a prime example of an economically unbearable venture!? You said that you want to do a living of it in the near future. Have you ever made the maths of your investments (including the labor that would be needed for the expansion of those 4 plants) versus your yield or income?