View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 03:41 AM

Hello Everyone,
Well I have made some progress, but not near as much as I thought I would have since my last post. I thought I had enough money to finish just about everything. But later come to find out that the $1,900 was really only supposed to be $900. I've got the ventilation dampers in, the water line in, the sub "T" systems almost done (made a few changes), and I already have the pool liner tape I will use to stop the grow bed leaks. I've also been going back and forth on how I will run the swamp cooler through the greenhouse.

Yesterday I just got finished back filling the trench for the water line to the greenhouse. But when it rains it pours, literally. We have had thunderstorms for 3 straight days, and last night our house almost got flooded. The water level was one inch from coming in our back sliding glass door. The backyard, and the side of the garage was flooded. I took a old water pump I used for hydroponics and connected the line to a garden hose, ran the hose through the house and out the front door so it drained down the front yard into the street. Then I had to create a trench around the side of the house and garage (where my new water line is) to get the water to drain down the driveway.

Once my crises was taken care of, a fire truck pulled up in front of my friends moms house across the street (about 12:30am). I go over to see if she was OK, and her house got flooded. So I helped my friend and the fire department dig trenches to divert the water at there house as well. Then I spent about 3-1/2 hours sucking up water from her carpets in 3 rooms with my carpet cleaning machine. By the time I got home, and got a shower (I was drenched), it was about 5:30am and I still hadn't had dinner yet.

So I made a BLT sandwich. By the time I was done eating it was already day outside. So I went out to check the aftermath in our backyard to find among some new water gullies that washed through the yard and down the side of the house into the neighbors driveway. The water rushed down the hill behind our house directly onto my two in-ground reservoirs, caving in at least one of them. I don't think that one was completely full of water before it rained, thus why the side caved in.

If it isn't one thing, it's always another. Now it will probably take me a week to dig out the dirt, just to see if the reservoir is salvageable. On top of that It will take me quite a while to dig new gulleys for the water on the hill to wash down and around my reservoirs.

Are you having fun yet???
Attached Images