View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:13 AM

Sorry I just saw this post after I already posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseFlash View Post
Damn, I just tested it with a hose. There is a slight bend in the middle of the pipes that's causing it to gather at one end. No matter how much I try to level it the system just won't work right.

I guess I went too cheap on the big pipe.

Is there a way to fix this so I don't lose $380?
Do you have a picture of what you are talking about? I don't know if you are talking about bowing in the center from weight, or leaking from cut holes that aren't in a straight line. Bowing is easy to fix with the right support and leveling, and is cheep compared to using slightly more rigid PVC. But holes that were cut uneven cant be fixed without lowering the water level in the tubes so it doesn't rise above the lowest point of opening. Even 4 inch scheduled 40 PVC will bend under minimal weight, You need to build a suitable support system regardless what pipe you choose to use.

Why spend more money on scheduled 40 PVC, and it isn't even light proof yet. Costing you more money to light proof, and it still flexes under weight anyway. The only pipe that wont flex is steel, and that's unstable for hydroponics. Even the very expensive schedule 80 PVC will flex in 10 foot spans with no support in the middle.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 05-08-2013 at 07:35 AM.