View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
I have never been one to limit myself to using any product only for it's intended purpose, that's just out of the realm of my comprehension anymore.
You and I are miles apart in how we think on this issue. My Mom used to say "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still".

I don't think either of us will alter each others point of view on this. That's what makes the world go around.

I believe that it's professional and wise to use things as they are intended to be used when using them in a business. Safety is my primary concern, and the expending of a couple hundred dollars to do a job with quality equipment that is made to do the job it's being used for.

I've seen a lot of "Homemade" equipment. Much of it was a problem waiting to happen.

If you're willing to take the risks, I see no problem with *you* risking yourself and your own property.

I would temper that path of reasoning when it's offered as advice to others unless you're also willing to risk their lives and property or make them understand that there is a risk. That's what I'm doing in this thread.