View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 06:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default when to dump nutes

i have a growtronix system so its easy to program a pump to flush the system. Not that a timer doesnt work just as well. I have my nutrient flush pump come on every 24 hours and remove either 1 gallon or a half gallon cant remeber what it is right off. But i never flush completly just keep the nutrients at the right PPM and my ph is usually always right at 7 so i dont mess with it. the plants are happy why mess with a good thing. also i ahvebeen doing this same thing for years so its not just dumb luck it works. I'm have been building asystem for years now with tweaks here and there and finally i think i'm about to a point where i can flip the growtronix on and close the door for a whole grow cycle if it were all the same plants.

Unfortunaltly I have so many things growing it would be a jungle in a few weeks.

Also i use 3 part GH and water quality is perfect through RO system

Between evaproization through foilage and dumping a bit of nute everyday i seem to be doing just fine. my system auto fills with water so it kinda hands off for that.

also I feed the plants about once a week but no real set scedule. I have gone a couple weeks with out even walking into the grow room before. usually after that long it takes 2 or 3 days for the leaves to green back out if there are plants fruiting. but usuaully once a weekend i dump in some nutes.

another thing i do that most say is bad is i add seeds clones plants from dirt pots with the roots washed off in the sink and i just plop them right in some clay pellets and set a dripper on them. i use what ever the current feeding schedule if the what ever plant is fruiting and i usually use the GH numbers on the barrels.