View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 09:53 PM

If you just bought and received the plugs before planting them, it would be reasonable to assume they were stored properly, and not too old. If I understand correctly it is setup as a NFT system with an adjustable water level that is set so about one inch of the growing medium is always submerged. If so the roots may be getting waterlogged if they are too saturated.

Personally I would have started the plants in a different setup using different means, then transplanted them into the system when they began growing good roots. I think it would just be easier that way. However they should still grow. the water temp is good, although they would probably wake up faster if the air temp was about 80-85 degrees.

As for information I have come across in the past

Here is a thread I started a while ago about strawberry's http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/for...erry-info.html
Berry Bonanza: Growing Indoor Strawberries
Guide for growing hydroponic strawberries
Strawberry Diseases and their Control
Strawberry Plug Plant Production (pdf.)
Cell size in trays for the production of strawberry plug transplants (pdf.)
The Development and Demonstration of an Outdoor Hydroponic Specialty Crop Production (pdf.)
Strawberry Production in Florida (pdf.)
strawberry grown in a pine bark soilless medium (pdf.)

I have more pdf.'s downloaded to my computer but cant find the exact live links any longer. But that's probably enough for now anyway. The first two articles by Dr. Lynette Morgan is probably the best reading though. Let me know if that helps and updated on the progress.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 01-21-2011 at 03:19 AM.