View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 02:20 PM

Just wanted to post a little update. I put some Mylar at the two ends but then ran out. Maybe I'll order more if I need it. I have also wrapped the containers in foil and haven't noticed any algae growth.

They are growing well so far. I think they are preferring the hps lamp with a much warmer light. I have noticed some bud problems which I will get pictures for later. The first bud, about 6 inches up won't fully grow and starts to turn yellow and dry up. The second bud cluster, another 6 inches up or so will stay green but hasn't started growing out yet. Then the third cluster buds are starting to be a little more defined as flowers (the green part no yellow petals yet) and are starting to get a 'stem' for the cluster. Confusing, I know. I feel that when I transplanted them, they might have had the baby cluster on them which was stressed and decided not to make it. But the new clusters are able to be supported by the new environment and root growth. Maybe I'll actually get some fruit.

I'm also considering giving them a larger reservoir. I have an 18 gallon tote instead of the 10 gallon they are using. It might make life a little easier for me and consistent for the plants.

I've put most on a trellis wire (twine with a clip). They are about 10-18" tall now from 3-8" starts.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images