View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 05:40 AM

Hello FalseFlash,
I'm not really sure what the question is. Why wouldn't you be able to mix them in the 55 gal drum? That's your reservoir isn't it? You always want to mix your nutrients in your reservoir, and with the full volume of water you plan to use. That way the mineral elements wont bond from being in high concentrations before being diluted in the full volume of water. I don't know if your wanting me to double check the quantities you plan to use or not. If so that's easy enough to do. Your right the General Hydroponics nutrient calculator only works for the General Hydroponics nutrients, and each specific line of GH nutrients has it's own feed charts that are specific to it. Their not interchangeable, manufacture to manufacture, or even specific lies from one manufacture.

I don't remember for sure, but I thought you were planing to grow continuously flowering plants like tomato's. If so, there is no transition stage for continuously fruiting plants, their continuously fruiting. Meaning that they are doing both vegetative as well as fruiting stages at the same time from the very beginning of the plants life. You can give them nutrients that focus on vegetative growth, but if you want the tomato's you'll want them to flower healthy as well.

As for the quantities of the flora series nutrients, I use 10 mil (2 tsp) per gallon of all 3 (Gro, Micro, and Bloom) to make a full strength nutrients for continuously fruiting plants. So for 50 gallons it would be 500 ml, just about 2 cups (237 ml per cup). But I also generally make my nutrient solution only about 3/4 strength for full grown plants. Depending on how small they are, even 1/4 to 1/2 strength. The Floralicious Plus, FloraBlend, and Liquid KoolBloom are all just additives you don't really need but may help some if you want to spend the money. You will find that while very good nutrients, that using the GH flora series will become expensive. If you buy the 1 gal bottles of the flora series, you will need all 3 to make it work correctly, and depending on where you get it will run anywhere from $100 to $130. Using 10 mil per gallon, the 1 gal bottles will only make 390 gallons. So even if you get all 3 for $100 it costs about 25 cents a gallon. A 50 gallon reservoir will cost $12.50 each nutrient change. If you change it out every 2 weeks that's $6.25 a week. That's why I don't use them anymore, their just too expensive if you plan to grow a lot.