View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 AM

Usually with tomatoes (unlike with other plants) vegetative vs. flowering formulas are not used as such. This is because tomatoes require high Potassium levels and low nitrogen levels all along the growing states, to prevent too much vegetative growth. Some strategies go with very high concentrate formulas, especially for huge plants with high yields. I do prefer a less aggressive strategy and have tested and used it successfully for some time. I've in fact adopted a nutrient strategy from the University of Florida and have modified it (actually simplified from 5 step) to a 2 step strategy.

Do you know how to proceed with 2 component mixes and will you manage to dissolve all salts and components properly and safely in hot water? What about micro nutrients, do you own a scale that can handle weights of 0.1 gr?

In case you know how to handle it anyway, I'll just give you the recipe(s) without any detailed instructions. In case you have no experience, I'd rather give you a few hints...

Is a recipe for 1000 Liter nutrient solution (some 4-5 Liter of each concentrate, A, and B) and using about 2.5 kg of raw materials a good target?

Cheers,
Luches

Last edited by Luches; 10-21-2009 at 01:49 AM.