View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 03:07 AM

OK, I've got it ready in time.
First graphics shows the chart of the 5 step program of the University of Florida, based on their research that tomato (in hydroponic) don't need more than 150 ppm of nitrogen at any state of growth.

And here the RECIPE for the formula of the last stage (for 1000 Liter of final solution) which I actually used successfully. That is as close as you could possibly get "math-wise" without using lots of decimals. But this is not all you need - you probably need a starter formula that you can use until first or even second cluster. But here I need your opinion and cooperation about how you want to proceed. I can calculate any recipe for one of the 5 step formulas and even intermediate formulas. You name it I get you the recipe!

Recipe for 1000 Liter solution or 2 x 5 = 10 Liter Concentrate
All measures of components and ingredients in GRAMM

Please note that this is a rather conservative and low concentration formula at 1.7 EC. There are many other formulas that go much more aggressive! With this formula you need a big enough reservoir or closely monitor EC for sufficiently high concentration and/or top up and change nutrients frequently. Nothing to worry about though, only because it is a economy strategy, it requires good monitoring. PS: I've increased the Phosporus (P) slightly. This is because if used in lower concentration, you still have enough of it. A little more on the other hand (as in this formula) doesn't do any harm! In case you prefer a more "generous" formula, you tell me - I'll modify it in no time... but to reach higher K-rate, you'll need to buy one more raw material called Potassium Sulphate.

Last edited by Luches; 10-22-2009 at 03:46 AM.