View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
Its kind of hard to tell how you are running the delivery and recovery of the nutrients from the picture. I am not sure if each bucket is its own reservoir or you have a single one for all the plants that doesn't seem to appear in the picture. You seem to have a lot of limitations and I don't know how many gallons of solution you need to cool down. Funny thing about that is you would think the less to cool down the better but that is not exactly the case. Yes it will cool down faster but on the other side it will warm up faster also. By the looks of the buckets I am guessing you have about 5-15 gallons of nutrients.

Because the nutrients need to remain inside the tent and from the picture I don't think you can use geothermal energy because you said it is not inside but it's not outside ether, so I assume there is some sort of floor. Assuming you have a single reservoir feeding all 4 plants I would try to generate your own geothermal energy. I would use a inexpensive Styrofoam ice chest (thicker is better). Get a copper coil splice it into the line you run from the pump to the plants. Set the copper coil into the Styrofoam chest, then fill the chest with Ice water. That way when the pump turns on, it pumps the nutrients through the coils submerges in the ice water cooling it down before it reaches the plants. You will probably need to change the ice water daily but if the nutrients are not excessively hot, that would probably do the trick. You could also use a plastic or vinyl tube for the coil but metal will transfer the heat better.
each bucket is its own nutrient. it is a DWC (deep water culture) system and each bucket has its own air stone. they are 3gal buckets but i only have about 2-2.5gal in there right now. when the roots grow more i will decrease it.