View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:05 AM

Ya I am using the Flors series, although recently I am testing another type from Vertigro that was given to me. I probably have been mixing my nutes a little strong at about 10mL per gallon of each, that was what GH had recommended for most of my plants (peppers, strawberry's and tomato's). I only have tomato's going right now and a makeshift drip system for some melons that I hope to transplant soon. The nutes for the melons are the virtigro nutes. The tomatos, I recently reduced the strength. I mixed as normal (10mL per gallon) for 10 gallons, but then I added an extra 5 gallons of straight water. I have no idea what the EC/TDS or PPM of my water starts out with, but I use Reserves Osmosis water, sometimes I add about 10% hard water from outside (after boiling to get rid of any pathogens).

I am planing a hydroponics farming operation, and my first main crop/s will be strawberry's and peppers. Not real large but it's planed for about 640-700 strawberry plants and about 40 pepper plants. I have already designed the system for the strawberry's that mimic's the system on the front cover of the book by by Dr. Lynette Morgan. Although I only recently found out that picture was from that book. Now I want to get all the details that I can strait from the horses mouth (so to speak). I love strawberry's and plan to make it a year round operation. We don't have any local farms here for strawberry's, not to mention year round berry's. I have even discovered that when I want/need to expand, a local nursery here on the north side of town is willing to let me set up shop there. He has getting into selling hydroponic nutrients (the only one in town) and has 9 acres of land, he said we could work something out.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 05-20-2010 at 02:12 AM.