View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:03 AM

OK thanks, that drawing helps me understand your layout. Your downward overflow (I assume that is the overflow) is unconventional in it's placement. But installing a overflow with that design and in that spot is still quite simple. I will need to take a few minuets to think about how I would make it easily adjustable, and get back with a drawing tomorrow. It wont be hard or expensive, still cheep and easy. I just need to make a few drawings to see what works best in my head.

One question though is where the line pointing down for the overflow is. Do you intend to use a "T" connector to do that? Or are you trying to install a flexible line there that would need to be sealed? My suggestion would be to use a "T" connector. From that you can easily adapted a flexible line if that is what you want to use, or a solid PVC line as well. Also using a "T" connector will give you a place to connect and make changes if you wish to in the future. Not to mention give a place to attach a fitting to a flush surface on a end-cap that is much easier to do.

Also I still don't know if you are going to run it a s a flood and drain, or NFT system. I'm assuming it will be a flood and drain system at this point. That makes a difference in the overflow height, as well as angle of the "T" connector for the overflow. I can come up with a plan to make it interchangeable from a NFT to a flood and drain design as well if that is needed. Making the flood and overflow lines adjustable gives that option as well.

Also I don't know if you are going to use baskets, or fill the tubes with growing media rather than just the baskets. That will make a difference because you will need a screen to hold the growing media back if the tubes are filled with growing media. Again, not hard to deal with, it just makes a big difference in the design and function.