View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the quick response GPS!

A little background: My reservoirs are are the 10 gallon Rubbermaid Roughneck containers from Home Depot. They have some autofill valves so they maintain a constant (tap) water level, about 6 gallons. They get changed roughly every 10 days. Sometimes I add nutes to them. I use my little PPM meter (I know, I know...) because it helps me see the concentration. I know it will never tell me what exactly is in the water but it helps me maintain where they were when I mixed them if that makes any sense.

I went ahead and did a little test using my nutes. I poured a liter of water and added 1ml of each, then bumped to 2ml and then 4ml. I was able to use my little meter to give me readings of .93EC, 1.29EC and 1.91EC. When I checked my reservoir, I was sitting at 1.93EC. Which is a little "hotter" than recommended on the bottle but I'm not gonna sweat it just yet.

I don't have TOO great of an interest in making my own. I like to trust the manufacturers and am going to read up on your link of Cost Effective Nutes.

Hopefully I'm going to post some pictures of my set up and get some feedback on how to improve things!