Thread: Third system
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:17 AM

These plants are 3 weeks old now so I thought I would post an update. The plants started to grow quickly. So I had to make a temporary support because they are climbing plants. The wood frame is supposed to be temporary, until I am able to get the P.V.C. tubing to make the one I have planed. It will be similar to the one I built for the tomato's.

The system is using 8 gallons of nutrient solution. I had the same nutrients in the system for all 3 weeks. The first 2 weeks were at half strength because they were very small plants. After 2 weeks I added 4 tsp (20mL) of each to the reservoir. Now I just changed the nutrients to a full strength 2 tsp (10mL) of each and plan to run it for 2 weeks.

P.S. The white buckets on the wall are for the Squash plants I have planed to grow as a drip system using this same reservoir, making it a combination flood and drain and drip system. It will have 3 plants, I just took one of the buckets down to take some pictures inside. The wood 2x4 will have the one way flow valve attached to it to hold it in place.
Attached Images

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 12-02-2009 at 01:25 AM.