View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 03:41 PM

I live on a half acre and I would say I have about a 1/4 acre to grow on. I live in the country however its a packed community in the middle of no where. I think there is about 1000 homes here with me, and then nothing for 15 miles in both directions. I drive 40 miles each way to get to my job.

I plan on learning more about hydroponics this spring by planting a few different gardens in my back yard in the spring time. I will take what I learn and do it again next year both indoors and out doors.

I am going to build a aeroponic tower about 12' tall for strawberries, and put a net cage around it to keep birds out.
I am thinking of building two of them - the other for peppers. but maybe not.
On the side of the house, I am going to build a ebb & flow system with fog for tomatoes and Lettuce because the ph range is the same, well close.
On my deck that I am building now around my pool. On the top of the railing system i am going to have a Cucumber system. Already growing on the walls of the deck are grapes, in the soil.

I cant think of any thing else that I like to eat. Fresh peas and egg plant out bomb, but I dont want to over do it for the first growing season trying some thing different. I used to live on 4 acres and I had a small farm before I grow up and moved out of my parents house. I do own this house so I can do as I want. (wife permitting)

I plan on building "up" more then out. I plan on growing a ton of food and maybe selling it at the local farmers market. or at my restaurant (I am a chef now) There are no building codes regarding what I am doing, and I live in the farm lands Marysville ca. Behind me is a sun flower farm, and then mostly nut farmers.