View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txice View Post
Interesting design. So would you just rely on the angle of the panel to hold the pots in, or would there be some mechanism for keeping them in place?
The angle along with the snug fit of the baskets, they should stay put fine. The baskets will need to fit snug to prevent leaking. The hard part will be getting the snug fit, I will probably need to get an adjustable hole saw to get the exact size hole I need. That along with the angle should be enough to prevent leaking at the baskets. But we'll see, something like a rubber band might be needed to get the snug fit I need. The angle needs to be good enough so the plants on the bottom will get enough light anyway and water only runs down hill. I will probably add some handles on the main panels also to make it easier to move around with the plants in it when needed. I may also glue a 1/2 or 3/4 inch sheet of Styrofoam to the inside, that will help with insulation as well as help provide a snug fit. It's easy to create the holes in the Styrofoam with a hand soldering iron, and also get the precise holes I need.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 12-07-2009 at 02:38 AM.