View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 02:45 AM

Hello brandonbelew,

Quote:
You had asked awhile back about the nutrients, and unfortunately it doesn't say whats in it on the bag. It does say it has the required calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate though.
The package should have a label that states the "guaranteed analysis," but I didn't ask for a link to the nutrient manufactures website and mixing chart to determine what is in it. I have specific questions about them that you wouldn't be able to answer withough't a lot of back and forth, so it's much easier if I can just go to their website directly myself. Bottom line I don't know anything about those nutrients. I don't even know if their a complete nutrient, I don't know if they are actually designed specifically for hydroponically grown plants, I don't know if they are supposed to be organic, I don't know if their designed for vegetative growth, fruiting growth, or continuously fruiting plants, I don't know if they require additives, etc. etc..

Since you are having a problem, one of the first things to look at are the nutrients your using and how your using them. If I can't do that I can't rule possible problems related to nutrients out, or even give any advice. All I know is that you say 29 grams per 5 gallons is supposed to be full strength. That's not telling me much at all.

Quote:
Now the question is, what would you consider seedling, and what would you consider mature?
That's like saying when is the point a person goes from being an infant, to being an adult. Theirs a big range in-between. And if 29 grams per 5 gallons is full strength, then 24 grams per 5 gallons is about 83% strength. Would you feed 83% of a full meal for an adult to an infant?

P.S.
6.5-6.8 pH is not only to small of a range, it's also to high for 80% of the plants. If you were growing hot peppers the pH would be OK being that high. But your growing strawberry's. Plants can't absorb and metabolize nutrients/mineral salts properly unless the pH is in range, when the pH is on the far end of the range the plants can't absorb and metabolize the nutrients they need to grow and be healthy very well. 6.5 is the top end of the pH range for strawberries, 6.0 is right in the middle of the pH range for strawberries. 6.8 is outside the pH range for strawberries. If you want them to be healthy, you should try for a pH right in the middle of the pH range for strawberries (6.0). That gives the pH room to fluctuate either way and still be in range.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 02-13-2016 at 02:57 AM.