View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 01:52 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a
Default My seeds are sowed!

So I finally did it, yesterday purchased what I needed to get started! It was so much fun picking out the seeds. I even made little row tags to remember what I planted. I used an old heating pad (dosen't auto shut off like the new ones) under the seed tray and it kept a constant temp overnight so this morning I planted 72 seeds. My system will have 60 holes so I hope 72 is enough. Somebody should have warned me how small those seeds are! I know it is late to start the seeds, but it has been unusually cold here in the pacific northwest and I haven't even started on my greenhouse yet. Besides I plan to have a year round greenhouse so I guess it dosen't really matter when I start as long as I start. Hoping today to breakground by renting a sod cutter to remove the grass in the area where the greenhouse is planned and move it to an area where the grass needs to be replaced in my backyard. I hope to take picts to document the progress. It is raining again, I think we have doubled our yearly rain fall and it is only June.

Attached Images