View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 07:13 PM

I was under the impression that the flora nova series still needed both parts to work right. But after looking at the General Hydroponics website, as well as their nutrient calculator for the flora nova series, it looks like they are right, they are single part nutrients and the two parts are just for different phases. The GRO is for plants growing vegetation and/or don't flower, and the bloom is for plants that are ready to flower. The flora nova series does have pH buffers in it to help stabilize pH (most commercially made nutrients do). That's much better than the compost tea, even so hopefully your order will be in soon so you don't need to worry about it.

P.S.
Even though I live in western Arizona, I am somewhat familiar with Washington state because I used to drive trucks through the 11 western states. Unfortunately when driving trucks you don't really get time to "sight see" (unless you can see it from the road as you go by), but I've been through some city's in southeast Washington like Kennewick, Walla Walla, Yakima, Ellensburg, and many times to Spokane. As much as I loved traveling through the Rockie Mountains, I really liked the northwest even more. Especially the northern Rockies (in the US) from Spokane WA, to Bozeman MT is probably the most beautiful country I've seen.

Nutrient Calculator (make sure if it isn't already their, to change the "1. Option, Nutrient System" to the Flora Nova option)

crad
That sounds like an interesting experiment, running 3 separate systems with everything the same expect the water supply.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 06-24-2011 at 07:16 PM.