View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 06:39 PM

I will re-post the post that disappeared somehow later when I have time to re write it. I need to make some calls, and send a few e-mails before businesses close today. But I know exactly what your talking about T'Mater. Our ground is more rock than dirt too. That's why I will be renting a bobcat mini excavator like this one to do the digging with.

Bobcat 2011 325 (Long Arm Option) Excavators

The one in that link is a 325 and if I'm not mistaken the guy told me the one I will be renting will be a 350. But I haven't been able to find any pictures of a 350 online. I found out yesterday I can get a better deal from tri state equipment rental, than I was originally going to rent from sun state rental. I will be saving about $120 with tri state.

The excavator rental is $180+tax, and delivery and pickup will run only $50 total. I will also be renting it on the weekend, and they let me use it for both days for the same price as one weekday. They will drop it off Friday, and pick it up Monday. It will have a hour meter, so I will still only be able to run it for 8 hours total for that price. But it will be shut off when I'm not digging anyway (8 hours of digging will dig one big hole). So I will get the whole thing for about $230+ tax. Where sun state was going to charge me about $220-$240 for the excavator, and $65 for pick up and delivery each way. For a total of about $350+ tax (they had the same weekend two days for the price of one). So call around to get the best deal.

P.S.
I also found the reservoirs I need cheep too. PORTABLE TANKS. Kingman is about an hour and half drive from hear, and I was planing to rent a truck to go get them. The truck rental was $135 (that includes full coverage insurance), and then gas. But there is a guy that is willing to pick them up for me for $150 including gas. So I will get all 3 tanks for $300 total (basically $100 ea). In fact that is the call I need to make right now, and hopefully I will have them here before the weekend.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 09-07-2011 at 06:42 PM.