View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 03:28 AM

I really like this setup and your design, and these are good pictures of it all. I also see now how the upside down lid fits. It looks secure enough but if not it would be simple enough to drop some pins in the corners. I only have 2 possible suggestions. One painting it black works great to light proof it, but I would paint it white after to reflect light so it wont absorb heat as much. The second is I don't know if you glued P.V.C. tubing and if not that is fine but if you did it would be imposable to clean it out. I am thinking of the legs. If there was ever a time that some bacteria got into the solution you wouldn't be able to clean out the legs thoroughly. All you would be able to do is soak it in bleach. I would probably just fill them with something like 100% silicone or use a connector that was solid. Other than that I relay like this design.

I plan to build a couple of aeroponic systems and have a few questions about the pump you have. By the look of the box I assume you got it at a hydro store.

1. I am wondering if it gives you a psi rating and/or if it tells how many emitters/misters it was rated for?

2. Does it say it is for aeroponisc? Just wondering if it is designed for more pressure or just more volume that makes the biggest difference.

3. How much it costs?

4. Brand name or website if it has one?

5. I assume you tested it to see if all the emitters/misters were getting enough presser and if they were? Also if you would be abble to add more emitters without much presser loss?

The systems I am planning would be much bigger, but use the same type of P.V.C. tubing with the emitters/misters screwed into it for the delivery system . My issue is getting enough presser to feed all the emitters/misters I need without buying a lot of pumps. I have a plan to use a small inexpensive presser washer with a presser regulator, but will probably be a hassel to work out the bugs.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 12-03-2009 at 04:08 AM.