View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabHydro View Post
The blue tape I was referring to is strung all over the PVC structure, is it to support the plants? May I should call it ribbon.
OK that it's actually (green) stretchy tape, perhaps the color is off in the pictures (no problem). You can find that in any nursery, it's used to tie plants to trellises, posts etc. But it stretches so it wont choke the stem as it grows. It also comes as a twine that does not stretch. I have learned that the weight of the plants are not supported well with the stretch tape over distances of about 2-3 feet. I supplemented that weight with regular twine later. And yes it's there to support the plants, it does however add some support to the overall structure. But long story short I never finished the structure the way I wanted, it would of had more support from the pvc tubing the way I had planed. But it always had the plan to use the green stretch tape to tie the plants to (like what's in the picture). In the future I would probably use twine to complete the open spaces for structure, but use the green stretch tape to tie the stems to the twine.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 06-29-2010 at 08:05 AM.