View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol View Post
Here's link to the quote if you wish to have a look at the full article. Being a layman I won't enter into the debate!

HS796/CV216: nutrient Solution Formulation for Hydroponic (Perlite, Rockwool, NFT) Tomatoes in Florida
Now that is something and withal very, very funny - because the graphics I've posted previously are leaned on (actually are) the nutrient strategy of the UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, I've got lost in translation somewhere (as someone from another continent) and confused both. Let me check if at least I got it right in the other thread - and I'll correct it here afterwards!

But look, while I agree 100% with their actual nutrient strategy, which I recommend - I still can't agree with that rather anecdotic (quoted) introduction. It gives (at least could give) one a really wrong idea of the actual facts and doesn't match the strategy explained and shown later in the very same article. But then again I did a mistake here too, when I was "wrongly" anticipating that a "60-70 ppm N formula" actually was supposed to be some sort of a "half strength standard formula". Because (in their formula table) they truly respect the needed P, Mg, Ca, as well as all Micro nutrients in the required amounts. Although what I wrongly anticipated could serve you well to not make the mistake to wrongly anticipate the very same thing! Gotcha

No debate necessary here, I've had my part in that realm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol View Post
Were you able to find the photos I mentioned? They're in an album on this forum.l
Nope - I still wasn't able to dig them up, could you kindly post a direct link - thanks!

PS: please also note that what is true in warm Florida climate, isn't necessarily true in Tasmania. You're better off with a bit stronger nutrient concentration over there. But I don't need to remind you that you shouldn't start your seedlings with 1.8, - but with some 1.2-1.3 EC as suggested initially, right!? As you can't follow a sophisticated step by step nutrient program as the one of U.o.F,- you need to compromise somehow...

Cheers,
Luches