View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 06:17 AM

Thanks for responding. I have a greentree hydroponic system with 18 buckets. As of now I have 4 cherokee purple plants in one of my three rows of six pots.
I cut off the other 12 buckets piping b/c I don't have a plant for them. I originally started by keeping my 55 gallon drum only 25 gallons full to save on nutrients; but, later I decided I should use the 55 gallon drum and get used to adjusting the nutrients/ph/ec.

I need help, here's how to explain my chart:

1)the air temp is measured in the column that says: high/low, h/l, or 60°/49°

2) I'm watering every 3 hours for 16 hours during the day, then I water twice every 4 hours during the night.

3) the water cycle floods way above the roots of the veg.plants that I started in my aerogarden. I later buried the root base at the bottom 2 inches of hydroton in the buckets, thinking I could bury them like I do my "earth" tomato plants.

4) It's been very humid and rainy and windy. Yesterday it rained 2.64 inches in 24 hours and the wind was blowing 40 MPH. I have plastic wrap around the plants to protect them from the wind.

5)I don' t know what it means do the plants wet?

6)I think the lights alright, although I'm trying to jump start the season here on Hatteras Island, NC. 27936

7)no bugs man, this is user error for sure!

8) the variety is Cherokee Purple Heirloom Mater'