View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

Thanks again for the words of wisdom
I have well water that goes thru a softner in the pumphouse then indoors it again goes thru another filter system. It seems to stay at 6.0 for PH everytime I test it; maybe luck but it is only on the kitchen sink.

I probably "cooked" the seeds in the center. I will wait another week and replant if they do not sprout. Lesson learned and I expect to kill of a few more before I'm done. I guess I live by the moto "nothing messed up, nothing learned". I think I have an old waterbed heater that has a thermostat on it that may be more controlable. If not I will probably splurge and by the heating pad my local store sells. The timer is an excellent idea, not only for the heater but also the lights the seeds are under. I might go to walmart on my next day off and pick up a couple, I think they were only a couple of dollars each.

I am also going to contact our master gardner thru the local extension office and see if he knows of anybody else playing with hydroponics in the area. I think it will be fun to compare stuff and see what people in my area are doing for heat/cold control, etc

Last edited by fintuckyfarms; 06-16-2011 at 08:15 PM.