View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 09:35 PM

alright thanks for telling me about that for uploading pics. il make sure to do that next time i upload some pics. Yea i was out getting some v-day items and went to wal-mart. I got to keep her happy if im going to be able to set up a hydroponic garden lol. i ran the pump just to test it and it wasnt noisy at all. i couldnt see the need to spend extra to make it whisper when this one already does. thank you for the heads up on the check valves il just keep it in the box and not use it. i had seen everyone use the same type of airstone so when i saw the small round one for a little bit cheaper i just went with what iv seen others use. i am planning on making a water culture system like halfways. i havent picked what i want to grow yet im thinking lettuce iv seen alot of people grow that and il eat it up. would lettuce be a easy good start? i am planning on geting some mesh pots just got to order them online. yea i was wanting to get the duel but they were out so i just got the single and thought it would be fine for what i need same reason to i got a 10 gallon tub. dont want to go over board when just learning the basics and get overwhelmed. yea ur guess at the prices are about right over all it was cheap. maybe im thinking wrong or i didnt explain it right im planning on starting the seeds in the jiffy pots then taking the plants out once there a few inches in high and place them in the mesh pots with gravel. im thinking this will work. let me know if its a useable plan. u said that u dont start seeds in a hydroponic system cause of the amount of water and waist of power. how do u start your seeds.