View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 06:26 PM

I assume your growing something to smoke. Trim the leaves off that grow out of the buds while they are small, before they have a chance to get big and suck up all the THC. Yes the final bud size will be smaller but the buds will be much more potent that way (ever bought leafy bud?). You can still smoke the leaves you trim off from the buds. We used to stick them in the microwave on high for a few seconds to dry them out fast and then smoke them right away. Also you can get the plant to concentrate on the buds by systematically plucking all the main leaves off the plant.

Start from the bottom and pluck the oldest ones first, only a few at a time, but every day or couple of days depending on how many you pluck. By doing it systematically like that you wont put the plant in shock, and it will focus all its energy on the growing the buds. Its been a long time, but I think about 2 months was what we waited before harvesting. We hosed off the potting soil from the roots, then wrapped the roots up and hung the plant upside down to dry in the closet. There is no clear cut sign to harvest that I know of, but the longer you wait the bigger they seem to get.

P.S. The sticker the better, all those little white crystal's make it sticky and hold plenty of THC. We needed manicuring scissors to break it up, and a razor blade to scrape all the crystal's off of the scissors. But it would still stick to our fingers like tape anyway.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 03-11-2010 at 06:29 PM.