View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
A E/F system doesn't necessary need much (or much more) nutrients
Then you have some trick up your sleeve the rest of the world doesn't (but don't bother to explain it). Any drip system that is using the minimum amount of nutrients, then using the same exact system just converted to a E/F system will run the pump dry before it completely floods using the same amount of nutrients, as far as I know.
Quote:
Because if the amount of nutrient in use is a matter, you can always design it in ways it doesn't use much.
I never said you couldn't.
Quote:
That is more than proof enough that it is possible to design others which use that little or even less.
Again I never said you couldn't.
Quote:
As long as you are bending everything to your situation and the way you want to see things
My situation is the one I have, do you expect me to have your situation? I am not you, I am not in your situation, or even in your country. If I was I would be you. I am a different person, with a different life, what do you expect?
Quote:
I've been telling you a lot about making nutrients earlier - and I could have get you through it until you were able to do it by yourself. If only you have wanted, - but you came up with your situation instead.
I am not sure what you expect. I am sorry if my financial situation offends you. I didn't come up with any situation instead. I didn't know how involved it is to do right until you explain that to me, and thank you by the way. I don't want to do it until I can do it right.
Quote:
After that, I have been showing you a working heating system (you were actually looking for), but you didn't want to accept the fact that it is working as I explained. Until, until - I went over an over it again. It took me some work, time and patience indeed, but you finally accepted that it works.
That is just a lie, I always accepted that it worked and I told you that in that thread. You spent time to do the drawings that I still thank you for, but the fact is I didn't understand HOW it worked, not if it worked. How do you expect me to build it and put it together If I don't understand how. You accused me of of things that were not true in that thread. I tried to assure you that I was trying to (and just wanted to) understand. But it is apparent that you never beveled me then or now. I am not sure how you expect me to apologize for not understanding but I am sorry you feel that way.
Quote:
Here in this thread again, I have provided and shared some input and information that isn't random and was in your own interest in the first place. I have calculated a formula that is based on plant residue analyses (yet not confirmed correct and working, - but probably a good approach). I've designed and put together a setup inspired on what I saw around by googling. This looks like it meets the requirements for growing corn. It uses low tech, a very small pump (with 5-6 watt consumption only) And most importantly, this very setup isn't using much nutrients to flood the growing beds. It should actually perfectly fit into your concept - but you seem to not consider or appreciate any of it.
I never said that I was not considering it, that is in your head only. As far as it being a E/F system is there any reason that it cant be converted to a drip? No it can be converted very easily. I may not even do that. Fact is I haven't made any decisions about anything concerning growing corn yet. I do have some concerns about the root space being large enough. I may even want to use my other idea about the wading pool, who knows. I was replying to another person that had a different design in mind. I just wanted to give my opinion to him about the setup he was considering. What did you want me to do? Say no don't do it that way this is the right way to do it? I was not aware that in this thread we were only to talk about the system you have built and nothing else.

Are these not quotes from your original post for this thread?
Quote:
"If I am not mistaken, a few members (including myself) are interested in growing corn hydroponically. So, why not put together as much info as we can get from many sources, personal experiences (if available)"

"Let's find out what kind of setup or system (as well as media) is most appropriate and adapted to grow corn. "
I have been talking about personal experiences, that's all that I have to talk about. Also it mentions discussing different kinds of setups and systems (as well as media). But you only seem to want to discuss the one you have built, and don't want to entertain other ideas. That's fine, but those quotes imply differently and are quit misleading in the intention of this thread.
Quote:
Firstly you told us that you are interested in this topic but couldn't provide much, as you had no experience with Corn. But this was only valid until you found a way to put yourself back in the game with comparisons of your own setups.
Again the quotes you provided in the original post of this thread implied that other ideas were welcome.
Quote:
But that wasn't exactly necessary because this concerns your setup only and has no real general value so far.
This may very well be true as far as you are concerned. Though your original post implied other Ideas were welcome, and someone other than you may find some value from my posts.
Quote:
And that is were the confusion and the trouble started in the first place.
Actually the confusion started with your original post implying that other ideas were welcome instead of just the ones you select to be useful.
Quote:
All attempts to make you understand- and get back to the part of the deal with general (not my own) interest, were truly futile.
If you were interested in general ideas and not your own you would not be offended by my posts, but just simply ignore or dismiss them for others to decide for themselves if they find any value in them.
Quote:
I also didn't come up with any personal matters or backgrounds in the first place, that was you - so don't tell me who cares about what, eventually - when I share mine as well.
Well, you are right about that. I won't make any excuses for it. I do want to say I am sorry for saying that, and I do want to apologize to you for it.
Quote:
And at the end you try to make me look like the bad boy here, because I loose my patience with the fact that you are never satisfied with what is brought in from my side. Instead you systematically put up resistance and eventually look for any bit that could serve as an argument.
I don't know if you are a bad person or not because I don't really know you. I do know that you have no tolerances for me or others in this forum. You seem to have good days but mostly bad ones for whatever reason. That reflects in my opinion of you because it's all I know about you. If you think I am never satisfied that's up to you, but untrue. The fact is you refuse to understand that other people might do things different from the way you do, and maybe even just want to do things the way they want to. The fact is they should be able to do things there way, and should have the right to be able to share it with the people that are interested with it as well. You also have no tolerance for anyone who doesn't understand what you are saying, you simply feel (and come to the conclusion) that they are just trying to argue. That is not someone who wants to communicate. That is a do what I say because I know everything attitude that nobody likes (I'am sure you don't).

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 11-06-2009 at 04:07 AM.