View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I don't agree with what is said (by whom ever) in that quote
Here's link to the quote if you wish to have a look at the full article. Being a layman I won't enter into the debate!

HS796/CV216: nutrient Solution Formulation for Hydroponic (Perlite, Rockwool, NFT) Tomatoes in Florida

Anyway, thanks for you comments. You've convinced me to stick with the mix you suggested before and keep the EC at 1.8 period. I've managed, after a surprisingly wide search to find a supplier in Victoria who will sell me a manageable quantity of calcium chloride without charging the earth. So it will shortly be possible to introduce a Ca supplement to the nutrient.

You are extraordinarily knowledgeable on the subject of plant chemistry and your comments on this thread have made lots of sense and expanded my own knowledge quite a bit. One thing I think I've learned is to be a little more careful feeding my plants. In the past I've pretty much tossed in roughly equal measures of Hydrosol and calcium nitrate and been happy to let the EC wander around between 1.5 and 2.5. I've now made up some carefully measured (by weight) stock solutions and will keep the EC close to 1.8. Hopefully there'll be some good results.

Were you able to find the photos I mentioned? They're in an album on this forum.

Best wishes,

Errol