View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think "reserves" is really the right term because plants don't store nutrients or energy like a battery does. They use it and convert it as they go.
You are wrong, plants do stock elements and trace elements in foliage and stems. That's why there is a classification of elements in mobile, intermediate and immobile. That's also the reason why some plants show chlorosis in leaves during fruiting stage. Different elements move from "useless" older leaves to other vital parts, especially if there is deficiency or shortage.

Calling it Irregular or "not the exact size" really depends on the variety. In case you deal with a variety that has been selected for growing nearly calibrated size, they will not vary that much and you may call it "not the exact size" or not the same calibre. Other varieties will in fact produce what one can call irregular fruit sizes under described conditions. Quite futile anyway...

I suppose anyone can draw his/her own conclusions from the other information and apply what may be transfered to his/her own way and volume of cultivation, - and ignore or drop what is more specific and suitable for larger commercial production only. Keep in mind that what is used in commercial and large volume production is often the result of long trial and error. And most importantly: people who get payed for their job have more discipline and do not contradict the boss for every small matter
Btw: can you do me a vavour GPS? Can you try to not overdoing it with quoting everything and breaking every single point down into its constituents, and actually commenting with nearly the same meaning, just expressed in a slightly different way. Normally and modrately used, it's just fine and practical, - but good things should be used sparingly, as the say....

Don't get me wrong here, but using other peoples contribution as a peg to hang your opinion on it, can be seen as impolite if used that systematically and exaggeratedly. To be honest it starts to disturb me a lot.

This isn't something I am expecting to get certified by overwhelming consensus, it's just a personal favour I am asking for. You may think that it's impolite from my part to tell this - but what other choice do I have?

Last edited by Luches; 01-28-2010 at 06:10 AM.