View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 02:24 AM

sean
The flora-grow, flora-micro, and the flora-bloom are not different types of nutrients. They are all part of (one) 3 part nutrient that general hydroponics calls the flora-series. But as you mentioned it is designed to be mixed differently depending on the type of plants your growing (but you need all three parts for it to work).

Flora series
Gro
Micro
Bloom

Hydroponic nutrients come in all kinds, and from many different company's, and in one, two, and three part solutions. As well as in both liquid and dry form. So there a lot to choose from. Ya, General Hydroponics has probably the most experience in the field of making nutrients their is (not that other company's nutrients don't work well). So Ya, General Hydroponics nutrients will keep your plants alive and healthy, as long as you fallow directions (use all parts etc.). When I started growing hydroponically, the flora series nutrients is what I used because I wanted good results, and I haven't had any problems with them. Though they are not the cheapest on the market, and when you decide to expand your hydroponic gardens, you may eventually start looking into cheaper options (and as you gain experience).