View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophotobio View Post
Because leaves are essentially solar panels in the entire photon-dependent energy system.

Faster than hps or MH.

More potent as well. Potency is directly related to two things - genetics and exposure to DNA-damaging light starting around 450-460nm and working into the UV range.

And no, leafy buds were not grown. Once the trichome-laden sugar leaf was trimmed away, large fat buds were left. None smaller than small immature pine cones (and almost as hard.)

Potency? I still hold the record over at Herbal Solutions in LA, and if all goes well this next crop, I will be breaking that record and further cementing my local lead (current 38% THC 7% CBD 2% THCV 8% THCA by present cannabinoids.)

Shot from last night - three weeks in the system from clone under 90w led panels and a small HPS for IR, and mothers under two little 50w panels. Hindu Skunk, Jorge's new favorite and my favorite for almost half a decade.

BTW dual-spectrum bulbs are a gimmick, especially the 1000w ones. Usually a combo 600w HPS with a 400w MH conversion tube run in-line. Highly lossy and outputs lower than standalone HID bulbs (same issue with multi-chip emitters in LEDs.)

Notice how HPS lamps are starting to add more blue and become more like MH? There's a BIG reason for that. People are slowly starting to realize that MH is the choice bulb in HID. In my personal global travels to many production sites, I have found that MH bulbs are the preferred standard for primary artificial lighting, HPS is regarded as a supplementary lamp only, especially by the Dutch.

The company that manufactures Sativex, they use MH exclusively for their cannabis plants.
so you are telling me that led is better than metal halide and metal halide is better than hps.
how on earth do you come to that conclusion.
metal halide is used to grow in a vegetative state, and hps for flowering.
this is the first time i have heard this one.
so the dutch have very tall and skinny plants, as they dont use hps.
how do the plants flower then.